Section C. Standing Committees and/or Chairs
1. Budget Committee – The Budget Committee should consist of the Treasurer as Chair, President, President-elect, Vice President, Secretary and one current chapter President and one Committee Chair to be appointed by the President. They shall submit the budget to the Executive Board for approval by the beginning of the new Association business year. They shall make proposals as to new sources of income; shall give counsel upon any and all financial matters affecting the Association if so requested by any of its governing bodies, committees or affiliated chapters.
2. Nominating – The Nominating Chair should be the immediate Past President of the Association. Other members of the committee should consist of one from each affiliate chapter, appointed by the affiliate chapter President-elect. It is suggested that the local affiliate representative be a past AFFILIATE CHAPTER PRESIDENT. Members of the Nominating Committee are ineligible to be nominated for office.
- Shall seek potential candidates from membership, Delegate Assembly and Board.
- Verifies eligibility of candidates.
- Should select two candidates and one alternate for each office to be filled in accordance with the Bylaws.
- The top two selected candidates, if applicable, for any elected position shall be placed on the ballot.
- Shall submit to the President, the final ballot, including a biographical sketch of each candidate.
- Shall have ballots available for the election. If the election date is set to occur in conjunction with an ASSOCIATION meeting, a member not attending the meeting may request, in writing, an absentee ballot two weeks prior to the meeting for voting.
Ballots must be counted immediately following the election by the Chairman and three (3) members and results reported in writing.
- Shall send the results to the President in writing; shall send a list of elected persons to all candidates immediately upon completion of counting the ballots.
3. Public Policy and Legislation (PPL) Chair – The PPL Committee shall consist of the Chair who has met any of the following:
a. Past President of the School Nutrition Association of Arizona.
b. a member of the Executive Board during the past five (5) years.
c. an elected or appointed member at the national association level.
d. attended and participated in the state and national Legislative Action Conference at least three times during the past six (6) years and Co-Chair who has served in accordance with any of the requirements outlined for the Chair. Other members of the Committee shall be the Legislative Chair from each affiliate chapter and other members appointed by the PPL Committee Chair.
The PPL Chair shall review correspondence received from SNA’s PPL Chairman and/or other official communications from SNA, USDA or other associations that affect child nutrition and transmit pertinent information to the Executive Board and Chapter Affiliates with recommendations for procedure to be followed in securing desirable legislation.
The Chair and the Co-Chair shall attend the annual SNA Legislative Action Conference in Washington, D.C.
Makes appointments with Congressional members for the National Legislative Action Conference in Washington, D.C. and provides informational packets to Senators and Representatives as well as all Arizona delegates to the conference.
Coordinates all activities pertaining to the National Legislative Action Conference for Arizona delegates.
The PPL Committee shall maintain liaison with other organizations and agencies having common goals in seeking adequate State legislation and/or federal legislation consistent with the School Food Service Program needs.
Shall maintain liaison with the State Legislature and shall recommend needed and appropriate State legislation.
Is the Chair of the State Legislative Conference.
Shall be responsible for recommending to the Executive Board, the Association’s public information efforts in the coordination with the National Association.
4. Membership – The Membership Chair shall inform interested groups of members as to Eligibility requirements for affiliation; shall be responsible for activities in forming new chapters.
Responsible for recommending policies and procedures pertaining to growth of the membership.
Maintain an official current file of names, addresses and occupational code of each member of the Association.
Provide chapters with a membership list at each Executive Board meeting, at a minimum.
The Chair shall also keep members informed through the committee of all special projects relating to membership.
The Association participates in the Direct to National Program from the National association.
Certification and Professional Development – The Chair shall be the liaison between the National Association and the Chapter Certification Chair.
Shall give approval for certified meetings.
Shall serve as the Chair of the Professional Growth Conference held annually.
Shall be a Certified or an SNA Credentialed member of SNA.
6. Conference Chair and Co-Chair – The Chair and Co-Chair shall work in cooperation with the President in developing and implementation of the Annual State conference and appointing the Conference Planning Committee; shall follow the procedure established in the Conference Handbook. The Conference Handbook shall have been approved by the Executive Board.
7. Fund Raising– the Chair shall work in cooperation with the President in developing and implementing fundraising activities for the Association.
a. The Fund Raising Chair presents to the Executive Board fund raising goals and reports the progress towards those goals.
The Executive Board approves the fund raising goals that include allocations of the fund-raising proceeds for specific intentions of the ASSOCIATION and foundations and initiatives of the School Nutrition Association.
b. The Paula Barletta Memorial Fund shall be a permanent restricted fund of the ASSOCIATION whose purpose is to assist membership with travel to the School Nutrition Association’s Annual National Conference.
The Paula Barletta Memorial Fund shall operate based on the rules and procedures developed by the ad hoc committee charged with the development of these rules and procedures. Changes to these rules and procedures require action of the Executive Board.
The President Elect along with the Fund Raising Chair shall oversee and carry out the rules and procedures of the Paula Barletta Memorial Fund.
c. The Fundraising Chair and the President will establish a fundraising committee comprised of four members at large and one industry member.
8. School Nutrition Industry Conference (SNIC) – the Chair shall be a person regularly employed in a school related field (School Foodservice and Nutrition Member). The Co-Chair shall be chosen from among our Industry partners. They shall work in cooperation with the President in developing and implementation of the Industry Seminar in conjunction with a fundraising event.
9. Resolutions and Bylaws Chair –
Shall receive and review all resolutions and amendments proposed for the Delegate Assembly and make appropriate recommendations to the Executive Board and Delegate Assembly.
Shall study the Bylaws submitted by new affiliate chapters and make appropriate recommendation to the Executive Board. Shall study any proposed changes in the Bylaws of existing affiliate chapters and make recommendations, if indicated, to the Executive Board so such changes do not conflict with the Bylaws of the Association.
It is the responsibility of the Resolutions and Bylaws Chair to keep Bylaws current.
10. Industry Advisory Board Chair – The committee chair shall promote the Association’s Plan of Action and express the views of Industry. Chair may call a special meeting of industry members as necessary with notice to Executive Committee at no expense to the Association.
11. Nutrition Committee – The Nutrition committee should consist of Active members appointed by the Executive committee in collaboration with the Nutrition Committee Chair. They shall establish and complete a plan of work accomplishing the outcomes intended for the year. Propose actions that support members and association needs and goal. Support the Executive Committee and Executive Board in providing expert opinion about contemporary school nutrition issues.
12. Social Media Chair – Supports the membership through the effective use of social media.
Serves as a liaison with the website administrator and the Executive Director.
Provides support, resources and information via social media platforms.
Responsible for developing and maintaining social media.