This job is done for the purpose/s of maintaining required inventory levels; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of order(s) are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; and maintaining and organized warehouse lay out, ensuring that assignments are completed in a safe, proper and timely manner and directing assigned workers.
- Attends meetings for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
- Coordinates receiving and storage of food and supplies from Vendors to Warehouse for the purpose of ensuring that items are available and complying with established food storage guidelines.
- Direct personnel as assigned for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting shift requirements.
- Maintains perpetual inventory of warehouse and schools of food, supplies and equipment for the purpose of maximizing the efficiency of the work force and meeting shift requirements. Maintains various files and records for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing materials and reliable resource information.
- Supervises assigned personnel in warehouse facility for the purpose of administering personnel procedures, monitoring performance and achieving the department's overall objectives.
- Trains assigned personnel (e.g. forklift, powered electric equipment, etc.) for the purpose of developing professional trade and safety awareness skills that comply with OSHA regulations.
- Prepares picking tickets for the purpose of meeting the delivery requirements of warehouse items for schools.
- Responds to inquiries for the purpose of providing requested information and/or referring to appropriate resources.
- Supervises assigned personnel in warehouse facility and Food Service drivers for the purpose of administering personnel procedures, monitoring performance and achieving the skills needed.
SKILLS - are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; operating standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; planning and managing projects; and negotiating vendor contracts.
EDUCATION - high school diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES - commercial drivers license class B (CDL- Class B) and fork lift certification.
SALARY/EMPLOYMENT LENGTH - Grade 110 ($15.01 start) / 12 month long.