The job of Supervisor - Nutrition Service Senior, under the direction of the Food Service Director, oversees aspects of the operation of the District's Child Nutrition Program, including administration, planning, directing, assessing, implementing and evaluating the program in order to provide students with a safe, healthy nutritious meal.
* Assists with maintaining a financially sound School Food Service program
* Assists with the preparation and administration of the Food Service Department budget and evaluation of Food Service programs, supplies and equipment
* Assists with assessing needs and developing specifications for competitive bids and requisitioning for all foods, commodities, supplies and equipment
* Facilitates departmental improvements through the creation of a positive work environment, analyzes program needs and develops program goals and action plans/plans manager meetings
* Responsible for hiring, interviews and supervising of employees. Administers personnel policies and conducts manager evaluations
* Establishes standards and provides frequent trainings on food preparation and service, including food quality, standardized recipes and portion size, with emphasis on appeal, maximum nutritive value and flavor, efficient preparation and service and sanitary conditions
* Creates menus and production sheets for cycle menu
* Works with menu committee to standardize recipes and creates menus that appeal to students and meets nutritional guidelines set forth by USDA
* Monitor school's food production records and service to assure that planned menus are followed
* Assures implementation of sanitation and safety procedures and compliance with HACCP Plan in all phases of the the food service operation
* Compiles and submits all information to the State for child Nutrition Administrative Review as required
* Works with parents and children with special dietary needs to provide nutrition information or a appropriate substitutions
* Represents the District on appropriate committees and organizations
* Performs other related duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Food & Nutrition
*Supervise and works with Nutrition Educator in planning and implementing grants and scheduling Nutrition Education
*Fill in at sites as needed
* Oversees Office staff as needed
SKILLS - are required to perform multiple technical tasks (with a need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions). Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the the job include: operating standard office equipment; performing standard bookkeeping; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and using pertinent software applications and social median.
KNOWLEDGE - is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats and/or present information before groups; and solve practical problems. Knowledge of food service practices and procedures. Knowledge of written communication formats as business English.
ABILITY - is required to schedule activities; routinely gather, collate and/or classify data; and use basic job related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others under a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standard methods of operation. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with data equipment is limited to moderate. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: maintaining confidentiality; meeting deadlines and schedules; and working with detailed information/data. Good interpersonal skills.
RESPONSIBILITY - include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others; and supervising the use of funds for multiple departments. Utilization of significant resources from other work units in routinely required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the Organization's services.
EXPERIENCE - three to five year's experience in K-12 food service environment preferred.
EDUCATION - Bachelor's degree in job related field such as business administration, food service management and/or nutrition preferred.
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES - Serv-Safe Certificate. Preference given to those credentialed as a Registered Dietician (R.D.) and/or School Nutrition Specialists (SNS) through the School Nutrition Association.
CLEARANCES - Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
Apply Online at: http://www.gilbertschools.net/
Job ID = 9672
Grade 122 - Month Short