Provides direction and supervision to field supervisors and cafeteria personnel. Leads and executes menu development, commodity management and supports district health and wellness initiatives. Ensures the school cafeterias adhere to district, state, federal standards and regulations as related to the operation of the child nutrition programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Directs, supervises and monitors cafeterias and warehouse to ensure that all department’s local, state, and federal policies and procedures are maintained.
- Develops and updates menus, production records, and recipes to meet the Federal Child Nutrition Programs.
- Develops special dietary menus and provides guidance to school staff and parents regarding needs.
- Monitor’s federal commodity balances and completes annual processing surveys.
- Works closely to monitor food and supply orders and inventory.
- Works closely with district personnel, students and parent groups for the purpose of promoting the department and child nutrition programs. Provides nutrition education to students, parents and staff.
- Develops, implements and monitors training and in-service programs for the purpose of increasing the skills and knowledge of child nutrition personnel.
- Coordinate’s interviews/selection process for all department staff.
- Assists with the overall operation of the program, including assisting sites with supervision and evaluation of staff.
- Monitors and adjusts department and site staffing guidelines as needed.
- Plans and executes marketing program (in conjunction with the Director of Food Services) for the purposes of increasing the satisfaction level, participation, awareness and revenues of the Child Nutrition Department.
- Monitor recordkeeping of Federal Child Nutrition Programs at site and district level.
- In the absence of the Director of Food Services, assumes general responsibility for the operation of the department.
- Works independently under the supervision of the Director of Food Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Food and Nutrition , Dietetics, Food Systems Management, Business Management or related field required
- One year Nutrition experience
- Registered dietitian or registry-eligible. Have valid Food Safety Manager’s Certificate, or obtain within two weeks of start date.
- School Nutrition Specialist accreditation preferred.
- Certification requirements: Serve-Safe Certification (local or National Restaurant Association).
- Valid Arizona Driver License
|Primary Location||DISTRICT OFFICE|
|Salary Range||$55,000.00 - $66,000.00 / Per Year|
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
To Apply For This Position: copy/paste