JOB DESCRIPTION: Provide direction and supervision to each school regarding nutrition, health, and wellness. Plan and analyze menus in accordance with federal and state regulations, develop culturally relevant and diverse recipes, address special dietary accommodations, develop and implement nutrition education and promotional activities, provide staff training and monitoring, support district health and wellness initiatives.
- Directs, supervises, and monitors the site Cafeteria Managers to ensure that all department, state, and federal policies, procedures, and regulations are being maintained.
- Assist the Child Nutrition Administrator with the program’s overall operation, including supervising and training school child nutrition staff.
- Implement nutritional analysis of menus, maintain production records, and create recipes to provide high-quality meals while working closely with the Child Nutrition Purchasing Supervisor to ensure menus and food purchased comply with federal standards.
- Develop special dietary menus and provide guidance and training to school staff and parents for students with special dietary accommodations.
- Support the district’s health and wellness initiatives by implementing and evaluating health and wellness initiatives.
- Oversee compliance with all non-program food and beverage sales.
- Plan and execute marketing program and promotional materials to increase meal participation, student satisfaction, awareness, and revenues of the Child Nutrition Department. Maintain and update the Child Nutrition website, including online menus.
- Develop and provide nutrition education and promotional activities to students, parents, and staff.
- Develop and administer surveys and taste testing opportunities for students to monitor food satisfaction and customer service.
- Prepare and maintain monthly billings; work with Cafeteria Managers and Specialists to prepare special activity invoices and maintain files.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and inservice training as assigned.
- Keep current on all aspects of HACCP systems, including development and training of staff, and monitor professional standard trainings for all Child Nutrition employees in accordance with USDA standards.
- Travel to/from school sites on a regular basis.
- Replace and fill in for managers when required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Food Service Management, or another related field.
- Three years or more experience in foodservice and/or nutrition preferred.
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), Dietetic Technician Registered (DTR) credential, or School Nutrition Specialist credential preferred.
- Serve Safe Manager Certification preferred.
- Strong technical skills and competency in computer applications such as Word, Excel, and typing.
- Ability to communicate with diverse staff in a friendly manner and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the community.
SALARY: Exempt Twelve-month year, beginning salary Level 39, employee benefits in accordance with Board Policies. $29.43 - $40.29 per hour
EVALUATION: Performance to be evaluated in accordance with Board Policy on the evaluation of support personnel.
To Apply Copy/Paste the following link: